- What were you expecting to learn from your Bridging Week experience? I’m expecting that I learn some very useful information when I go to middle school (secondary school). I expecting that I need to learn where is a class room for each classes and so I need to learn a room number and who is the teacher. When I came to SSIS first, I actually can’t know where is the class room and I always lost where I am so I’m worrying that am I get lost in middle school at 1st day? like that. However, this time, I’m working with my buddy so I didn’t really worrying about that, but I’m worrying about that when I transition and go to middle school at the future.
- What questions were answered for you as part of your experience? I’m working with my own partner in secondary school for a day. I can just simply ask them what I wonder about in middle school. Working in middle school is so hard for me and for the questions what I ask for her is when I late for the class, then what happened? then she said there will be tick of like book of lized like she is late for something class like that. I’m very worrying that can I found a right place for the class? because when I working with her yesterday, I’m so confused what’s going on!
- What questions remain unanswered for you? For the questions that she can’t answered back to me is like what is your favorite subjects and what about teachers? because that’s her own opinion and so she said that’s all different for the people who thinking about so that will be hard for me and so I can’t get the answered by her.
- What were some of your positive observations during your experience? For the positive things in middle school, there are more free than elementary school and they can found and research from their own phone! They can also buy what they want in cafe. That’s so good!! I can look at my phone and I can buy some drinks and foods like burgers and chicken popcorn! I have some chicken popcorn and that tastes so good!
- How could we make Bridging Week a better opportunity to learn about middle school? We can ask a lot of questions about middle school what I wondered about and go many places in middle school. I can also listen to my partner’s experience in middle school. Finally, then I can learn more about middle school!
We all have our own partner for a day. We are working with them and learning about new things in middle school. My own partner is called ‘Kelly’ who has same named with my friend! I’m little bit worrying that I might lost.. I think we will be more comfortable at each other and try our best!!
One of my middle school dream is about the work. I heard that there are more works what I need to do in middle school and I’m really worrying about the English because when I don’t know the words, for the most part, mathematical words, then I can’t study as good as I can.
For my Grade5 (G5) memory, I think about the camp because that was my first camp that I went from SSIS and that was so cool that I think. When I was in Korea, we are just go somewhere and looking it, but this time, we slept together for 2days!! That’s very interesting and fun! I want to go there again with my friends and my family.
I very miss the first day of Grade5 (G5) and also now. When we came this class first, me, Minseo and Emily looked at Gahyun and we whispered like ‘oh she is who came grade5 new! She is new student from Korea!!’ like that, and we are very excited that we have a new friend. I miss that day!!!!!
These times, we are nearly get to a graduation. We are having Celebration of Learning part in graduation party. We are planning for that, and I’m planning now. I left many works to do, and so I need to plan seriously and perfectly. I’m little bit worried about Celebration of Learning but I will do my best and how I can.
For me, the graduation means like getting older and become mature. For me, I don’t have many opportunities to celebrate graduation. There are kinder-garden graduation, elementary graduation, secondary graduation and lastly, university graduation. So this graduation is really special for me and I think all of us too. I want to enjoy this elementary graduation! I’m look forward to be grade 5 (G5) graduation party. However my brother is very sad that there are no food..
This year, we are learning mindfulness! Mindfulness class is different and new class for me. First, when I have mindfulness class, I was just weird that what is this?! However mindfulness is very helpful for me like when I sleep, when I study and doing homework. I can focused on my work more.
For a song recommendation, I think all the songs are good, and I just want that there are also Korean music (K-pop)!
This week the feedback I received is about math game what I made. 5KF played it and give me a feedback about what I made. I made fraction memory game but they said they can see through the paper, and the instruction is not good at all, and also I agree with it much. I can fixed that problems after.
This week, we all have a goal about Thinking skills in ATL. We also learn about Changes, and I learned about a lot of changes, there are physical changes, social changes and others. We all change every time. Me, Minseo and Gahyun are making a presentation about Change Poem and we just read it and add it together in iMovie. There are many changes!
This week, our class are moving forward to something what they want. Next week, I will working more about my works in that week problems like literacy, Unit of Inquiry and numeracy challenges.
Personally, my thinking about poetry is very positively. I have interest in writing poetry and match a riming words. However, writing poetry is fun and interesting work for me, but match riming words and syllable for perfectly. I think I need to practice more about syllable and riming words.
Today, we are making Rube Goldberg machine together with the group. Our team planned about Rube Goldberg machine yesterday, and we will use kind of a wheel that moves a ball. When it push the ball, the ball will rolled to a box and how long your ball can go have a point of that much. We planned it for like a game, and so people can enjoy it while they play.
For the significant changes for learning/school, we need to wear masks when we go outside and we need to do social distancing together. In our school, we are sitting by pair and try to keep just for a pair of people in one area. To stopped the corona virus spread out more, we need to do these kinds of things together.
This week, we did a English Placement Test! Firstly, I’m very worried and nervous about this test before I did a test but when I finished the test, I’m very comfortable and glad about it and I think the English Placement Test is just OK for me! However, it’s just READING and WRITING test for it, so I left LISTENING and SPEAKING. I still nervous about the test what I will do next week.
This week, we did also making a cushions!! Making cushions are very awesome! I think other classes also do this before and I’m wonder how they decorate it. Our class were decorated about FRACTIONS and I decorated with some words about Fractions and I drew a picture about fraction, that is PIZZA! I think my cushion is just a normal because many students in my class drew about PIZZA. I enjoyed to made it and I want like these working again!
About Self-management ATL skills, I did a challenge of literacy which is called ‘I Am Poem’. I finished it by myself, and helping Gahyun a bit about the spelling and meaning that what I do. Our class need to finish the flipgrid about ‘A Lasting Legacy’ and I finished it already before, and it just take a video about what I think. I think this week’s my Self-management skills are better than last week.
Last week, I take a video for Leap Leap Repeater of flipgrid. I enjoyed it to take a video! And today, some of my friend give me a feed back of my Leap Leap Repeater. Gahyun and Minseo watch me first because they help me to take a video. They said my movement is so small so they said I need to move more strongly and powerfully and other people are same!
So I will try more powerful and strongly!
I take a video with my Chinese classmate, Gahyun!
For this week, I’m very busy and confused because I need to know new rules of school! When I came to school this Monday, I’m nervous a bit but now, I’m very excited to be meet my friends and teachers!! On last Sunday, I’m worried about a ‘NEW’ but it’s ok to me. I’m very curious about how our class get change and now I solve that! Coming to school again was very awesome!!!!!!
In this Tuesday, our class were study about coding. I know something new about coding and realized that coding to machines are too difficult. I need to code so much! Firstly, we need to get some ingredients on 10 seconds and made something but I don’t have things too much so I can’t made it well.. Secondly, we listen of a story about coding and thirdly I need to made something with lego to coding it and it’s too hard for me.
This week, we made a static electricity! We rubbed balloons to our head and we finally made static electricity!! To made static electricity was hard for me sometimes but sometimes easy. I’m very interesting about to made static electricity and I enjoy it!! I want to made static electricity again when I have a time!
Lastly, came to school again is awesome but I’m tired a bit to wake up early. This week is great and I’m very happy to see my friends!
My biggest achievement this week has been done of a HWOO collaborative inquiry.
HWOO collaborative inquiry process has been going well, and we will continue to make our presentation!
We continue to challenge other Grade 5 homeroom classes in our Friday Wellbeing sessions. Our secret strategies are be a safely that I don’t hit by the ball from somebody.