4mm students will do this during PSPE time on Friday June 14th.
Write a letter to your future self about how they’re feeling about ending G4 and starting G5.
Set the date for the new email to be received on September 1st 2019.
Use your measurement skills to design a birdbox
Please download the following letter for information on an upcoming Grade 4 field trip: Download this letter
We are just past the half way mark with our swimming sessions for G1,2,3, and 4.
Our intention at this stage is that your child is becoming more aware of their
– Strengths and weaknesses within the water
– Progress thus far within the 3 strokes and survival skills
– Specific areas that they need to improve in within the 3 strokes
We encourage you to have a conversation with them by asking open ended inquiry questions – Some examples of questions to engage in conversation are –
– What did the coach tell you that you were doing well in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
– Which swimming technique/style do you use when swimming under water?
– What is your favorite stroke in swimming – why?
– What do the arms do in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
– What do the legs do in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
Don’t forget that next week is our open swim week. We invite all parents to come along and see what we do in swimming. All visitors must remain on the viewing deck and no photos are allowed to be taken.
Regards – Kit and Karen
And……. we require your utmost support in this matter.
Think of alternatives to plastic objects. How can you REDUCE, REFUSE and REPLACE plastic containers, bags, straws, toys and any other things they can think of in their own lives.
We are looking at reducing the plastic waste in the country food stalls for this year. We are encouraging the stall owners to avoid using plastic containers, dishes and cutlery for serving their yummy food in.
At the same time, if attendees need to bring any food away with them, they can bring their personal reusable containers and bags with them to the event.
We request you to help spread this message amongst parents, students and the staff community.
Please join K4E in this first step towards making SSIS a truly Greener school
Leave a comment with some suggestions on how you can be plastic free this IFD….
This afternoon, the grade 4 students were introduced to our new measurement unit through a tuning-in provocation. A variety of items were placed throughout the classrooms and students were given the following simple tasks:
- Estimate the measurements
- Calculate the exact measurements
It was then left to the students to apply their thinking and communication skills to determine how to both estimate and calculate each measurement, as well as identify and accurately use a range of measurement tools.