We had such a good time in the library thinking about using puppets to express ourselves.
We are just past the half way mark with our swimming sessions for G1,2,3, and 4.
Our intention at this stage is that your child is becoming more aware of their
– Strengths and weaknesses within the water
– Progress thus far within the 3 strokes and survival skills
– Specific areas that they need to improve in within the 3 strokes
We encourage you to have a conversation with them by asking open ended inquiry questions – Some examples of questions to engage in conversation are –
– What did the coach tell you that you were doing well in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
– Which swimming technique/style do you use when swimming under water?
– What is your favorite stroke in swimming – why?
– What do the arms do in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
– What do the legs do in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
Don’t forget that next week is our open swim week. We invite all parents to come along and see what we do in swimming. All visitors must remain on the viewing deck and no photos are allowed to be taken.
Regards – Kit and Karen
WOW! what an amazing afternoon. I was so proud of the children as they working on so many things and developed their presenting and science minds. I have attached a few pictures and the slide show from before the fair. Thank you so much for your support. The children were so excited to present to you.G3 Science_ SSIS Keynote WWAIPAT CHI
Thank you for your help to make our basket a success.