Tomorrow grade3 will have an end of the year party. The children were asked to bring something to share during the party. They can bring fruits, chips, cookies or anything yummy. Please remember no nuts!
This is the last homework assignment. Kids are being very creative in preparation for our Gallery Walk! More information coming soon.
We are just past the half way mark with our swimming sessions for G1,2,3, and 4.
Our intention at this stage is that your child is becoming more aware of their
– Strengths and weaknesses within the water
– Progress thus far within the 3 strokes and survival skills
– Specific areas that they need to improve in within the 3 strokes
We encourage you to have a conversation with them by asking open ended inquiry questions – Some examples of questions to engage in conversation are –
– What did the coach tell you that you were doing well in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
– Which swimming technique/style do you use when swimming under water?
– What is your favorite stroke in swimming – why?
– What do the arms do in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
– What do the legs do in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
Don’t forget that next week is our open swim week. We invite all parents to come along and see what we do in swimming. All visitors must remain on the viewing deck and no photos are allowed to be taken.
Regards – Kit and Karen
Thank you for coming and sharing with your children the experience of our classroom. It was great to see the students engaged in all the activities!
A reminder to please send anything you can donate for our class basket, the theme is “Party”.
Grade 3 artists are investigating ‘How The World Works’ in our newest Art unit of inquiry. They inquired into positive and negative space by creating notans, and lately have studied Adinkra symbols and created their own symbol. They are aiming to discover that pattern creates order and harmony.
Each symbol has a meaning and will be made into a relief print. We are starting to think about background colours that could support or even enhance the meaning of the symbol now.
Plus, students took time to use the collage app on the iPads to check each symbol design will connect as desired when it is printed in a set of 4. Rotating the block looks like it will bring a whole new artwork out in many of the young artist’s designs!
Now careful carving of EZ cut is underway so the printing can happen next lesson – I will be sure to get more photos of 3MB students next week and hope you can see their symbol designs when you stop by Art during the Student-Led Conferences.
I can’t wait to see the results and they are coming soon!