We are just past the half way mark with our swimming sessions for G1,2,3, and 4.
Our intention at this stage is that your child is becoming more aware of their
– Strengths and weaknesses within the water
– Progress thus far within the 3 strokes and survival skills
– Specific areas that they need to improve in within the 3 strokes
We encourage you to have a conversation with them by asking open ended inquiry questions – Some examples of questions to engage in conversation are –
– What did the coach tell you that you were doing well in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
– Which swimming technique/style do you use when swimming under water?
– What is your favorite stroke in swimming – why?
– What do the arms do in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
– What do the legs do in – BACKSTROKE/BREASTSTROKE/FREESTYLE? (just choose one)
Don’t forget that next week is our open swim week. We invite all parents to come along and see what we do in swimming. All visitors must remain on the viewing deck and no photos are allowed to be taken.
Today we read ‘Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus’ and had a debate. Should the Pigeon drive the bus? Some said no, and others said yes. Students planned 4 reasons to defend their choice. We had some good laughs about reason for or against letting the Pigeon drive. Later we wrote up our thinking . I wonder, did anyone change their position?
Grade 2 artists have continued learning about Surrealism and how artists use their imaginations. Recently they have learned and discussed paintings by Marc Chagall. What do you think this painting is about? What is Chagall trying to tell us?
The students have now been brainstorming about personal dreams and their own imaginations through a mind mapping exercise. They have listed as many imaginary places that they could dream up, characters that would live in those places, feelings the places would create, colors we would see, and opposites that may occur like in the Surrealist paintings we have been discussing.
So far no two ideas look the same! We have anything from glitter land to minecraft universes and worlds under the sea. Stay tuned to see what our creative artists use these ideas for next!
2NN went on a Business walk to Aeon Mall today! We talked about what shops looked busy, what shops were not busy, and why this might be. We then discussed what Aeon Mall is missing- what could be a great addition to the goods and services there, that is not already on offer?